Better Mobility is seeking a full time Mobility Service Engineer to join its busy team in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire. It is a company that provides wheelchairs and other medical/mobility product sales and rentals to customers nationally, with London being the highest concentration.
You will report to the Service Manager and Mobility Specialists. The ideal candidate will have experience in a mobility environment including technical knowledge, and mechanical aptitude, however training can be provided. Applicants must have a full, clean driving license, computer literacy skills and the ability to deliver excellent customer service. All employees are required to submit information for a DBS check.
- Servicing and repairing mobility equipment including both manual and powered wheelchairs, scooters and all other related mobility products. This will include work performed on premise, as well as in customers’ homes.
- Making deliveries in and around London (sometimes further).
- Sourcing and ordering parts.
- Maintenance of fleet rental equipment.
- Build up of equipment going out on rental as well as tear down, clean and re-stock of returning rental equipment.
- Maintaining a tidy workshop and parts store.
- Potentially being responsible for completing servicing contracts at care homes/hospitals, and providing full written reports of the servicing performed and subsequent parts required for repair.
- Working Hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary From: Dependent on experience
Job Type: Full-time