Man electrocuted after becoming trapped inside mobility shop wall

ward mobility cred google

A workman who was making building alterations to a mobility store in Canvey, near Southend, was electrocuted after becoming trapped within a wall.

The man, who is in his 30s, climbed into a tight space in the walls of Ward Mobility where he got a severe electric shock, but was rescued by firefighters after paramedics were able to reach him.

His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening but he was taken to Southend Hospital for further assessment.

Story continues below

A spokesman for Essex fire service told the Basildon, Canvey and Southend Echo: “A man had fallen ill after climbing through a roof and inside a wall, firefighters had to cut through the wall to allow paramedics to deal with the casualty.”

Meanwhile, a spokesperson for the local ambulance service said: “We were called on Friday afternoon to reports that a man had suffered an electric shock.

“Two rapid response vehicles, a community first responder, an ambulance crew, ambulance officer and our Hazardous Area Response Team (HART) attended.

“The patient, believed to be in his 30s, was taken to Southend Hospital for further assessment.

“His injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.”

Tags : ambulancecanveyfire servicefirefighterhartHazardous Area Response Teamhealth and safetymaintenancesouthendward mobility
Joe Peskett

The author Joe Peskett

Leave a Response