Hickleys Mobility & Healthcare has launched a free home delivery service to do its ‘bit’ as part of the nationwide coronavirus effort.
From today, the firm is offering a free home delivery service within a 30-mile radius of its Bridgwater or Taunton showrooms.
It covers any order value over £25.00 to assist anyone having to socially distance themselves or self-isolate.
The deliveries will be carried out by The Royal Mail, courier or members of company staff.
In a statement announcing the news, Mark Mason, manager, explained: “Please allow up to 5 working days to receive your order. All orders must be paid for prior to delivery so please give us a call at Taunton 01823 328555 or Bridgwater 01278 452510 where our fully trained members of staff will be happy to take your orders and payments.”
He added: “This offer unfortunately does not apply to online orders. Carriage charges will apply as displayed. Deliveries made by our own members of staff will be done so by the following procedure:
- Goods will be placed on your doorstep.
- Staff member will knock at door and retreat 2 metres.
- Staff member will wait whilst you answer your door to check you have received your goods.
- If there is no answer after 5 minutes, the good will be loaded back into the vehicle and returned to the showroom. It will be the purchaser’s responsibility to then get them collected.
- Deliveries made by The Royal Mail or Courier will adhere to their individual procedures.
- We reserve the right to remove this offer at any time.
Mason concluded: “Finally, we at Hickleys Mobility & Healthcare are fully aware of your concerns and indeed requirements regarding sourcing certain products on a regular basis. We will continue to try to assist you as far as possible during these difficult times.”