- How long have you worked for your current employer and how did you get into the industry?
19yr 5mth – Left my 1st job at 19 after feeling there was no real opportunity to advance. Had never considered a career in mobility but a friend recommended an opening working on rise & recline chairs and beds.
- What’s the first thing you do when you get into work in the morning?
Turn on the computer to check for the email enquiries/help requests that have come in overnight from the middle east and Asian Pacific region customers.
- What’s your biggest achievement in the industry to date?
Being involved in the successful launch of our 1100 stairlift, where one of my tasks was to install one ‘out of the box’ in a live demonstration as a time attack. I still hold the current record of 34minutes but expect someone to beat it sooner or later.
- What do you most enjoy about working in the industry?
It is one of the few jobs where I believe you can go home at the end of the day feeling that you have made a genuine positive difference to somebodies life, fitting a stairlift often gives a customer the opportunity to stay in the home they love.
- What’s the hardest part of your job?
Trying to help engineers on the phone from other countries with limited English language skills.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
Believe in yourself – the only thing holding you back is you.
- Which other company (inside or outside the industry) do you most admire and why?
Apple – They managed to create a user interface that people like myself with limited IT skills can use with relative ease
- Tell us something about yourself that none of your colleagues know?
I love classic American cars
- If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you buy?
1969 Shelby Cobra
- If you could invite any four people (dead or alive) to a dinner party, who would they be?
Bob Dylan, Robert de Niro, Sergio Leone, Seth Macfarlane
- What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
Spending time with my family, Fishing, Kayaking, X-BOX, films
- What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
The movie ‘stepbrothers’
IN A WORD
Favourite food: Chinese
Favourite drink: Peroni
Favourite holiday destination: Jamiaca
Favourite band / music artist: Iron Maiden
Favourite film: Once upon a time in America
Favourite book: Don’t really read
Favourite TV show: Family Guy
Favourite shop: Tommy Hillfiger
Favourite gadget: Ipad
Favourite thing you own: Kayak