close

Eden Mobility steps in after charging scooter fire

derbyshire fire and rescue scooter fire

A mobility scooter that set on fire while it was left to charge outside has been replaced by Eden Mobility after its owners David Hughes and Karl Howe heard about the incident.

The incident in Staveley, Derbyshire, saw firefighters called out to extinguish the flames, which has spread to the window of a property.

Angela Rhodes, who owned the scooter with her husband, Christopher, described the fire has a “nightmare” after it caused hundreds of pounds’ of damage to her home.

Story continues below
Advertisement

Eden Mobility, which was not liable for the damage, replaced the class three scooter with group sales manager, Lee Jagger, and marketing manager, Mark Fotherby, delivering the scooter to Mr and Mrs Rhodes on Tuesday.  

Mrs Rhodes told a local newspaper that the scooter was “incredibly important” and that it was “devastating” to lose it.

Mr Rhodes visited Eden’s Chesterfield store to explain what had happened and that because he only worked part time he would be unable to afford a new one.

A spokesperson for Eden Mobility told the Derbyshire Times: “Everyone at Eden Mobility would like to wish them all the best for the future and we hope that the replacement scooter will help them get back out and about again as soon as possible.”

Joe Peskett

The author Joe Peskett

1 Comment

  1. Please keep us inform as to the cause of the fire. In forty years I have never known of this happening so I am very interested. My money is on arson!

Leave a Response